Un-beet-able Detox Smoothie
Beet kvass is a fermented drink commonly used for detoxing the liver and alkalizing the blood. This smoothie is packed with healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, and beneficial probiotics!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 190
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 23g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 24g
Dietary Fiber 8g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1/4 cup beet kvass
- 1/8-1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup organic baby spinach
- 1 banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 Tbs organic almond butter (or other nut butter without added sugar)
- 1 Tbs unsweetened coconut, shredded (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
- Make this smoothie your own! Lower the carbs by replacing banana with 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries. Increase the protein content by mixing in a scoop of high quality protein powder or 100% grass-fed beef collagen (great for preventing stretch marks during pregnancy - collagen is a key player in skin elasticity!).
Halley Holloway Nutrition http://halleyhollowaynutrition.com/