NEW Blog Series Starting this Week!
I’m so excited to introduce to you my new blog series, called Healthy Mommy & Me! This 7-week series will cover a different topic each week related to nutrition and pregnancy. Did you know that what you eat during pregnancy can significantly influence your child's health over his/her entire lifespan?
In this blog series you will learn…
• What foods you should eat to optimize your baby’s health
• What foods you should avoid and why
• The truth about sugar and how to prevent Gestational Diabetes
• The “skinny” on low-fat diets during pregnancy
Let’s start with a fun quiz to test your knowledge about common myths and truths regarding nutrition during pregnancy. Don’t worry if you are not sure about the answer. The purpose of this exercise is to inspire thinking and introduce you to some of the topics that we will be discussing in this blog series. Are you ready? Let’s get started…
True or False:
- Morning sickness is your body’s way of getting rid of toxins.
- Eating fish during pregnancy is not safe because our oceans are too polluted, thus making fish unsafe to eat.
- Exercising while pregnant can help prevent constipation and hemorrhoids.
- Fat makes you fat.
- Pregnant women need extra protein.
- All carbohydrates are created equal.
- Gestational Diabetes cannot be prevented.
- All 3 macronutrients: protein, fat, and carbohydrates, raise blood sugar levels.
- All pregnant women should strive to eat a 2,200-calorie diet because quantity is more important than the quality of our food.
- There are some foods that should be avoided during pregnancy.
*Look for the answers in next week’s blog & newsletter!
I offer nutrition services for women who are pregnant, postpartum, or trying to conceive. At Halley Holloway Nutrition I use Medical Nutrition Therapy with a functional medicine approach to best help my clients. Nutrition is not “one size fits all”, which is why I work with you to develop an individualized nutrition plan that supports your health goals. With your commitment I can help you boost your fertility, have a healthy pregnancy, and ultimately have a happy baby! I will be your teacher, coach, and motivator!
Cheers to real nutrition for healthy beginnings!
Stay up-to-date with Halley Holloway Nutrition by signing up for my newsletter here.