Hi, I'm Halley! I'm a Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist and Certified LEAP Therapist specializing in infertility. I use a holistic approach to help you discover the root cause(s) of your infertility, improve your chances of getting pregnant naturally, and have a healthy baby. Your journey to motherhood starts with optimal health!
My nutrition philosophy centers around a personalized approach to health and healing. I believe that food is powerful and essential for the process of preparing your body for conception and nourishing a growing baby. There is no doubt that real, whole foods have a positive impact on your fertility.
My own health journey started in high school when I struggled with hypoglycemia and unknown thyroid issues. In college I was diagnosed with Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). Shortly after getting married I was ready to start a family, but I knew that getting pregnant would be challenging with PCOS. So, imagine my face when we got pregnant fairly quickly! I contribute this to my thyroid! The previous year I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and was put on thyroid medication. Little did I know that my low thyroid function could have been causing all of my PCOS symptoms and irregular cycles. Did you know that not enough thyroid hormone can interfere with ovulation? Correcting low thyroid function can help treat infertility.
It wasn’t until I became a mother that my opinions and beliefs about conventional nutrition changed drastically. After my daughter was born I read that 90% of hypothyroid cases, including mine, are autoimmune (also known as Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis). Why hadn’t this been mentioned to me before? This led me to the field of functional nutrition. Since changing my diet and lifestyle I have been able to manage my thyroid, as well as heal my eczema that occurred postpartum due to food sensitivities. I always knew that food was powerful, but I never knew it’s healing potential!
I’ve always had a strong desire to help mothers and babies. I received my Bachelor’s in Clinical Nutrition and Master’s in Maternal and Child Nutrition from UC Davis. I completed my Dietetic Internship from Western Carolina University. After working in public health for several years I decided to start Halley Holloway Nutrition so I could share my expertise with women who are struggling to get pregnant.
I am passionate about helping you on your journey to motherhood. Diet and lifestyle play a big role in boosting your fertility. Making these types of changes will require time and dedication, but a healthy baby is worth it!
- University of California, Davis - Bachelor's of Science in Clinical Nutrition
- University of California, Davis - Master's of Advanced Studies in Maternal and Child Nutrition
- Western Carolina University - Dietetic Internship
- Oxford Biomedical Technologies, Inc. - Certification in LEAP Therapy
- Next Level Functional Nutrition - Certificate of Training in Integrative and Functional Medical Nutrition Therapy (IFMNT), Levels 1 and 2
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics (AND)
- California Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- AND's Dietitians in Integrative & Functional Medicine Practice Group
- AND's Nutrition Entrepreneurs Practice Group
- Weston A. Price Foundation