Homemade Coconut Milk
Want to avoid all of the additives and gums commonly found in store-bought coconut milk? Making your own coconut milk is easy and full of flavor! Use it in recipes, like smoothies, soups, or Thai food. Additionally, you can use the coconut cream as a coffee creamer or make your own coconut milk whipped cream for healthy desserts!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 585
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 69g
Saturated Fat 59g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 22g
Dietary Fiber 15g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups boiling water
- Cheese cloth
- Combine both water and coconut in a blender.
- Let stand for 10 minutes to allow flavors to seep into the water.
- Blend for 1 minute until mixture turns into thin pulp. (Use a dish cloth on top of your blender lid in case of leakage)
- Let cool before straining.
- Using your cheesecloth, squeeze as much coconut milk out as possible into a Mason jar.
- Chill in the refrigerator to let the cream separate on the top.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Halley Holloway Nutrition http://halleyhollowaynutrition.com/